Oct 23, 2009

True Iies

Sometimes when people tend to lie and you know they are lying and just cant do anything about it, its quite frustrating. A person whom I know quite well does this on a regular basis,trying to hide something and in the process lying.
I dont know whether to confront the person and ask about it,but maybe that person would completely deny it and I would feel all the more miserable since I wouldnt be able to substantiate my point.
Its like the saying "You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep". I really wonder why they cant understand that to some extent their lies are believable.... after a point that person totally loses credibility and even if they are speaking the truth,we tend to look at them with suspicion.
Trust and credibility is so important...very difficult to gain them back once its lost.

5 comments:

Rakesh said...

Interesting post......i completely agree with you on this...............i think you should just confront the person with the truth....... at least if he/ she is in denial they will think twice about doing such things again....:-)...If there is no change in the person after the confrontation... i think its not worth thinking so much abt it..:-)... guess my comments have turned into a blog itself ...sorry..:-P

Preethi Simha said...

hey thanx dear.
Its a very tricky situation. As you know I am not too good at confronting or questioning,hence it might be easier to take advantage of that.
The trust I have in that person is lost and I am quite sure that person is going to deny every bit of it. So, i would rather blog about it and get it out of my system. :)

Shyam said...

what looks good for you might not be the same for others.
virtues you feel good or great you must follow and profess, probably, but we cannot insist to see them in others.
each one of us is unique, good or bad.
each one is great, good or bad
however you are right in your point of view.
good luck

Preethi Simha said...

Sorry Mr.whitedevil,I completely disagree with you. Completely.
Virtues are virtues.its like morality....honesty...even lying n speaking the truth is like that Good or great,I will follow. I know I cant insist on others following it,but atleast you expect some amount of credibility here.
each one us are definitely unique,but doesnt mean, one can lie all the while n we just accept them that way just because they are unique.
one cant be great if they are bad,Sorry...u seem to be totally mistaken.

Shyam said...

fine
good luck
god bless