Aug 28, 2008

For my dear Mother-in-law on her Birthday.



Today is my Mother-in law,Smt.Annapurna's birthday. And whats so special about it is that she turns 70 today.
Being her daughter-in-law, I feel absolutely lucky. But what I did today was that I wished her in the evening, which was a very mean thing to do.
Although my husband and I have been thinking for a couple of days about her birthday, when it came to wishing her, we both just didn't. We were even planning a nice gift for her, but we felt since we would be going to Hyderabad in a few weeks,we'd give it to her personally.
But today, was really embarrassing,especially because shes such a simple person, and shes more a mother to me than a mother-in-law. In case I have to discuss something, sometimes, I take her advice even before going to my mother. she has always treated me like her daughter. She is one of the most kindest souls I've ever seen, never ever have I heard a harsh word or a rude comment from her.
In times when girls these days have so many problems with their in-laws, I feel absolutely blessed in her presence. She having retired as an Asst Director of Child and women welfare dept from AP state Govt, she has herself seen scores of women in trouble and has gone out of her way to solve their problems.
She has seen a lot in her life and has a very strong personality, raising her 2 children all alone since she lost her husband just after 2 and a half yrs of her marriage.
Hats off to her for being such a brave person during troubled times, and being a person of great integrity,filled with only love,passion and kindness for others and for being such an inspiration for all the youngsters in the family.

Thank u Amma for being with me always, for being so sweet and caring towards me.
When I become a mother and if I am even half the kind of mother u have been, I'll consider it my victory.
Thanks for always being there.
Wish u a very happy birthday,Amma. I want you to be healthy and happy and smiling like this always.Love you.

No comments: