Jan 18, 2007

Have you any regrets in life?
I do.

I regret not having spent a lot of time with my paternal grandmother, not getting to know her........

I regret not having openly appreciated my maternal grandma for the way she cared for me, for the way she brought me up, and not having thanked her for all that she was for me, for not telling her how much I loved her.......

I regret not having told my maternal grandfather that he was everything to me, for not showing him my love, for not telling him that he meant more than anything that this life can offer, for not telling him that hes 'the best grandfather' in the whole wide world, for not thanking him for what I am today......

I regret not displaying my affection, for being a very shy person, for not telling them everyday that I am what I am now because of them.

I still regret....

I guess, we need to tell the people close to us, that we love them a lot, because of the uncertainty that persists....so that,later we needn't regret.

4 comments:

Gollum said...

Hi preeths,

I guess of all the regrets that exist the, one that sticks out is... the Love we almost never express esp., to our parents and grand parents.Well life really isnt as short as we think and there still is time to share all the love.

Preethi Simha said...

True Shobs, but,from my experience, I have not done it and did not realise until I did lose my grandparents.
Thats the reason for my regret.

srikanth said...

Regrets are to be entertained only to the extent it teaches a leason...like the way you deduced in the end.
Once the lesson is identified, regrets got to be discarded as useless thoughts.
So now, lady, you knw what you got to do....just turn away from the computer and into the living room. :-)

Preethi Simha said...

Thats what has been difficult for me sri.